Frequently asked questions
From uidnumber.org - All about Aadhaar
Why to get Aadhaar
- See also: Benefits of Aadhaar
- Great potential for not-so-privileged, poor and the marginalised people, mostly living in the rural areas
- Clear proof of identity
- Facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system
- Opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector
- Giving migrants mobility of identity
- Financial inclusion with deeper penetration of banks, insurance and easy distribution of benefits of government schemes.
Who can get Aadhaar
- See also: Eligibility of aadhaar
An individual who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can get an Aadhaar.
How to get Aadhaar
The local media will be circulating the process for getting an Aadhaar. Upon which the residents need to got to the nearest enrollment camp to register. The resident shall carry certain documents as specified in the media advertisements.
What documents are needed for enrollment
- See also: Documents needed for enrollment
Following documents are required at the time of enrollment in general.
- Aadhaar application form
- Residence proof
- Identity proof with photo
The requirement of documents may differ for different areas.
What kind of information is required to be provided by an individua
- Name - MAHESH B SOLANKI
- Date of Birth - 08-08-1983
- Gender - MALE
- Address - vatavalo vas new bazaar, bavla,TA,bavla,PINCOD 382220 Distt. - AHEMDABAD [GUJRAT]
- Parent/Guardian details (required for children, adults may provide)
- Contact details phone.Mobil no (1).9998898609 (2) 9712801199.
Where to get registered
- See also: Enrollment camps
From where to get Aadhaar Application Form
- See also Aadhaar application form
The Aadhaar application form shall be available at enrollment camps or you may print the application form available here.
What are Aadhaar Helpline Number
- See also: Aadhaar Helpline
Aadhaar helpline toll-free number is 1800-180-1947
But it's not working at this moment. If we call this number, we get "called number not in service" message
What to do if there is a spelling mistakes / other demographic error in ones Aadhaar letter
- See also: Change of information
During enrolment, even when the data is entered, the resident can see the data entry and is expected to point out errors at this stage. Prior to finalization and printing of the Enrolment Acknowledgment, one more opportunity is presented to make corrections.
In the event that both opportunities are missed, the demographic correction may be carried out by visiting the enrolment centre within 48 hours of time of enrolment carrying the relevant documents and enrolment slip.
What is the anticipated time for receipt of Aadhaar number after the enrolment
The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary between 60- 90 days . Aadhaar generation is a relatively complex process . To ensure that the information in Aadhaar accurately reflects the information provided by the resident and no duplicate exists for an Aadhaar identity the data undergoes various stages of screening and validations in CIDR before the Aadhaar is generated.
In the case of Aadhaar enrolments through NPR exercise, the method of verification is the RGI approved LRUR (Local Register of Usual Residents) process. The Aadhaar number will be issued only after completion of the LRUR process which could take longer than the time prescribed above .
What are the reasons for Rejection of application and what to do thereafter
- See also: Rejection of application
The application for Aadhaar can be rejected if
- There is a data or process error. In this case you can re-enrol for it.
- Your biometric records match with any existing record, In this case you would have to register a complaint. Field investigation will be done by UIDAI to verify the physical existence of both persons whose biometric detials matched. If both cases are found genuine, they you will be provided an Aadhaar.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus